CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Disney: Day Four

Day Four: Epcot, Breakfast with the Princesses, and Date Night for Mommy & Daddy

We had reservations at 8:30 AM at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in the Norway section of Epcot to have breakfast with the princesses, so we set out for our next adventure around 7 AM as the advice was to get there early. The breakfast proved to be worth the hassle of booking it (I had to book 90 days in advance- calling at 6:59 AM on the exact 90 day out mark!). Jenna and Kara had the chance to meet Belle (the hostess), Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora (that is Sleeping Beauty for those of you not up-to-date on your princess knowledge), and Ariel. Each princess came and spent individual time at the table, stopping for pictures and autographs. The food (family style hot food and buffet pastries, fruit, and other delicacies) was also great and plentiful- Jon and Tim made abut four trips each to the buffet! :-)

Epcot was a fun experience, but, boy, was it hot on this day! We were constantly looking for the air conditioned indoor attractions. We all enjoyed Spaceship Earth; Kara took the opportunity to catch up on her zzzzz's! Jenna liked riding in the Clam-mobile on the Finding Nemo Ride, and she was mesmerized by the Figment ride. Jenna surprised us by wanting to ride Soarin'! It was amazing- so realistic. She was very brave because the ride provides the illusion that you are literally soaring through the air like a bird over mountains and oceans! The girls got to meet Mulan later in the day, so that also made them happy. It was so so hot that we finally caved (talked Jon into caving) and bought one of those suped up battery operated water sprayers; it was a scorcher of a day! Kara missed out on meeting Mickey and the gang because she feel asleep then my battery died (again!), so I have no pictures of Jenna with the Disney gang. I'll add those when I get pics from Grandmama!

Jon and I had a lovely date night thanks to Grandmama and Pap. Jon and I treated ourselves to a FANTASTIC dinner at Le Cellier. This restaurant now ranks in our top ten restaurants. They had pretzel bread that was to die for and steaks that melt in your mouth. We finished off the scrumptious dinner with delectable desserts, Maple Creme Brulee' and Triple Chocolate Whiskey Glazed Cake. Yummy! We then spent a little time shopping for souvenirs; it was so much easier kid free though we missed the girls bunches!

Just another magical day in Disney!

Pretty in Pink

Preparing for her Royal Entrance
I can't even begin to tell you how many times she practiced bowing in preparation for meeting the princesses! She kept saying, "Mommy, I have to do it just right; they are the REAL princesses!" :-)

The Princess and Her Pap

Baby Princess thinking, "Seriously? I have to wear this thing again!!?"


Not exactly a horse drawn carriage, but it got the job done!


I have no words for this one! :-)


The sun was intense, even before 8 AM!




Cinderella
Check out Jenna's face; she was star struck!

Princess Aurora

Notice that Kara is guarding her food. I think that she thought one of the princesses had an eye on her strawberry yogurt!

Date Night for Mommy & Daddy

Jenna- Happy to see us go/ Kara- Not so happy to see us go


Getti
ng the goodnight kiss early


Stunning

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fabulous time. This brings back such sweet memories of my first trip to Disney. Our grandparents went with us, too. And Steph and I were about the same ages as your girls.

Amber said...

What great post about your trip. I read every word so far and when we go back I'm definitely going to remember to check back to your blog for suggestions. It sounds like you guys had an amazing trip and the girls had an unforgettable time. Your family is so precious!

The Hollis Family said...

Meredith, having the grandparents with us was a life saver, and the girls loved having all of that extra time with them! You will soon blink your eyes and have a Disney aged sweetie of your own! :-) Amber, when you get ready to go let me know; I have tons of "lived through it" advice for Disney! :-) Thanks!!