CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Outrigger Island- VBS 2008

We just finished up a super fun week of vacation bible school. Jon and I taught the three year old class, Jenna had a great time as one of only two girls in the class, and Kara got lots of attention in the nursery with the other little ones. Our theme this year was Outrigger Island; our motto was "know the truth, speak the truth, live the truth!" Everything was Hawaiian/ beach themed. We had a beach hut for bible study with an actual tiki hut, a make-shift aquarium, and lots of palm trees; a snack shack where we were treated to beach and ocean cupcakes, flip flop cookies, and fresh fruit kabobs; the recreation reef where we played beach ball games and had boat races; and the music cabana where we made music with flip flops and played a real ukulele. The week was a wonderful experiences for both the wave riders (the kids) and the island guides (the teachers). I have tons of precious pictures; however, I am only posting those of Jenna because I would not post another child's picture without parental permission. Our eight three year olds were so much fun; the experience was tremendous even if it was exhausting at times!


Learning a little hula technique




Loungin' on the giant beach ball


Hard at work making a lei

0 comments: