Signs of summer include simple things like warmer days, the sound of lawn mowers humming in the distance, and the urge to gill out on the patio or porch; however, for the high school teacher the traditional signs of summer include: an enthusiasm (nicest word that I could think of here) that spreads like wildfire amongst your students resulting in a near inability to keep their mouths closed and bodies still for a 90 minute class period, a more than noticeable increase in inappropriate clothing roaming in the hallways (tops so low and skirts so short that you have to wonder if the cost of fabric mirrors the cost of gas), and the sudden concern over that all important grade (you know the "What do I need to make on my exam so that my 55 average from first nine weeks and my 60 average from second nine weeks will magically morph into the bare minimum 70 average for passing). I sound jaded; I know. Eighteen weeks with a very lively (again, I'm aiming for nice words here) group of sophomores can do that to you! Nonetheless, another sure sign of summer is the annual faculty picnic.
We always have a great time at the picnic, and this year was no exception. It is a nice treat to have the opportunity to socialize in a true family atmosphere with your colleagues and their families. Jenna and Kara had an absolute ball. They spent much of the time on the swings, and Jenna even got to go on a boat ride. Kara made a new best friend; she attached herself to Coach D and refused to go to anyone else, even her own parents! I know who to call for babysitting duties now! I got a couple of cute shots of the girls as they played by the lake with their beautiful little smiles beaming and their bare feet flying- now those are the real signs of summer!
We always have a great time at the picnic, and this year was no exception. It is a nice treat to have the opportunity to socialize in a true family atmosphere with your colleagues and their families. Jenna and Kara had an absolute ball. They spent much of the time on the swings, and Jenna even got to go on a boat ride. Kara made a new best friend; she attached herself to Coach D and refused to go to anyone else, even her own parents! I know who to call for babysitting duties now! I got a couple of cute shots of the girls as they played by the lake with their beautiful little smiles beaming and their bare feet flying- now those are the real signs of summer!
Picnic Perfect!
Just a Swingin'

1 comments:
Jeri - I am so glad I ran across your blog! Your girls are absolutely beautiful and I think they look so much like you! I hope you are well. I look forward to reading more about you and your adorable family! Take care! Kelly Ryals-Perry
Post a Comment