Amelia Island was simply stunning. Jon and I enjoyed the trip so much; however, being away from the girls for five days was a difficult adjustment, to say the least! A million thanks to Grandmama (Janet) and Great Grandmama Lackey for keeping the girls. I think the girls would not have minded a bit if we stayed five weeks instead of five days if meant more time with the two of you. Actually, the three of you... Jenna was heartbroken when Pap left on Sunday after having three fun days with him! We can't wait until your next visit!
I've posted a couple of pics above of the breathtaking scenes of this beautiful place for you to enjoy (or envy- ha ha!). Jon loved his two rounds of golf, one on an amazing ocean course; I enjoyed my time in the spa, and together we had a great time on an excursion to a private plantation called White Oak.We had the opportunity to see an amazing assortment of wildlife in the protected habitat there on the property. We saw everything from giraffes and zebras to cougars and antelopes right up close, way closer than at a zoo! Jon and I also especially enjoyed the Jimmy Buffet themed scavenger hunt; it was blast!
All of the people that we met were so nice. It was a rare opportunity to get to meet people from all over the country that all work for the same company. Jon truly works for a great company; they always provide us with neat experiences and treat the employees and spouses to super nice perks!

0 comments:
Post a Comment