CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Final Beach Post... Saved the Best for Last

Here is the story. I wanted to get one of those gorgeous beach shots of my sweet little girls in flowing white dresses with the wind blowing through their hair, but I am a realist. At this age, Kara cannot stand or sit still for over 30, maybe 45, seconds at the very most. Jenna is normally very cooperative for pictures; however, she has recently been substituting a very forced, very fake smile whenever she sees a camera. With these things in mind, I could not bring myself to fork over the big $$ that those timeless beach pictures cost; they are beautiful, but they are most definitely not cheap. Therefore, I decided to do my best and capture some cute shots myself with my handy digital camera. All in all I was very pleased because we got several precious shots. Ignore the occasional tire tracks in sand, the occasional bow missing from Jenna's head, and the occasional stranger in the background! :-)

Sorry these are so late- I know that I promised them weeks ago. However, things like inheriting 91 new kids along with piles and piles of back to school paper work have put a bit of a restriction on my blogging time!

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

How precious...they turned out great! We're going this week so hopefully I'll get some of my kids. :)

Megan said...

You got some great pictures! Your girls are just beautiful!

The Kinard family said...

These pictures are precious!!!! Your girls are beautiful!

The Hollis Family said...

Thanks for all the compliments!

Lydia said...

These are great. Your girls really are beautiful and you really should let them model. ;)

The Browns said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Meredith said...

You did a terrific job.

The Pettigrew's said...

I love these pictures.

Michelle said...

Great pictures. I have decided the oldest one looks like you and the youngest like Jon. One for each of you! They are so precious!