CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Where Does the Time Go?

***I'm a bad bad blogger. As the date will show, I began this post way back in September and never even finished it. I'll make up for the lack of updates with tons of fall/ Halloween pictures, and I promise to post them BEFORE Christmas! :-)

Where did September go? I have failed to blog even a single entry since I went back to school! October is now upon us- how did that happen? I extend my apologies to the grandparents and any others who frequent our little blog, and I promise to do better! :-) Here is another one of those random updates that will fill you in on some of the significant and not-so-significant happenings at the Hollis house.











Jenna moved into the four year old class at preschool. She is thrilled that she is going to "real school" now, and she loves having homework- a weekly reader sent home each Friday. The child actually asks me for extra homework and thinks of it as a reward. My thought- "Please let this last past four!"

Ready For School!


Kara is talking all of the time now. Her vocabulary is growing by several words a day. Her newest words are "bubble" and "outside." Her facial expressions are also evolving; at age 18 months, she has MASTERED the eye roll when she is frustrated. How is that possible?! Nonetheless, she is hilarious.

This is the evidence of the stare-down.


Jenna made me cry. Let me explain. One year ago Jenna made me cry because she cried. Each morning was a ceremony of dealing with emotional mommy guilt as I left my three year old baby sobbing for me in the preschool classroom that was so very alien to her. I would leave her, sob (not just tear up, I mean sob) all the way to work (it is a two minute drive in heavy traffic), and face my day as I wiped the mascara away. Just a few days ago she informed me, "Mommy, I don't need you to walk me into school anymore; I'm a big girl, and I want to do it by myself...everyday from now on." Thus the cycle continues with the same result...mommy's smeared mascara!

Our Big Girl!
Kara has developed a real sense of humor lately. Some days she finds everything hilarious; especially herself! She has also developed the habit of undressing herself if you did not get her out of her crib quickly enough after nap time or night time. We think it is a new way of rebelling!

All Smiles!

The Hollis girls really dig hoodies. Kara thinks wearing her hoodie is some sort of game, and she constantly pulls hers up and down while Jenna thinks wearing one makes her a "big" kid.

Happy Hooded Hollis Munchkins

1 comments:

Rhonda said...

So good to hear from you and your precious little girls!!! You're on my bloglines so it told me when you posted again. :)