I have been a little slack in the blogging department lately, and since we will be leaving for the beach for a whole week, I thought that it would be in my best interest to post a few recent random pics to carry the grandparents through until we have beach pictures! We have been having lots of summer time fun around here since mommy will soon be returning to the world of work! Here is a peek into the happenings at the Hollis house!
We have been loving on each other a little bit, but we refuse to let mommy get a picture of both of us together!
We have had a bug infestation... A Jenna Bug!
Jenna got to have a whole morning of play time with one of her favorite friends, Joshua. She was very excited because Joshua will be moving to Germany for a little over a year. They enjoyed playing dress up most of all!
Kara has finally grown enough so that Jenna's old faithful Georgia t-shirt fits. This outfit (a shabby old t-shirt and diaper) is by far Jon's favorite!
The girls got pretty to go eat a special lunch with daddy on his lunch break; Jenna loves doing this!
We have been taking long leisurely naps on the Disney Princess blowup bed!
Kara has been saying "hay dare" to everyone she sees!
Kara has a newly found fascination with the phone. Here she chats with Papa in La Grange.
Here she talks (I use the term loosely) to Grandmama and Pap; apparently she thinks she needs to yell to be heard!
Jenna has a returning fascination with knee socks which would be great if not for the fact that it is JULY!
Jenna also has a new favorite hairstyle- a "half hair double pony tail." The picture displays that this style is not nearly as funky as it sounds
Kara got dressed up for a dinner out with mommy and daddy on the night that Jenna spent the night with granny and Aunt Devonne. Having dinner out with us all by herself was a first for her!
Kara has been "hiding." You have to "find" her when she balls up in this position- too cute!
Kara has continued to watch her big sister's every move, and Jenna continues to be a great teacher for her. Here she instructs her on appropriate accessories; notice the flashy purse and shiny bling bling!
Jenna made a new best friend, both literally and figuratively. Meet "Shelly", Jenna's newest creation from Build A Bear and Kara's special gift for Jenna's birthday. For Kara's birthday, Jenna made Kara "Lucy", a glittery pink bear, so we decided to make Build A Bear creations a tradition for each girl's birthday, for a while at least! :-)
Jenna discovered that she can do the really weird tongue roll thing like her daddy and uncle Alex. As of now, she has only accomplished one loop to her daddy's three- weird, I know!

1 comments:
They're so adorable. I hope you have fun next week. I'll be one short around here!
I can't believe it's the first day of August tomorrow. I'm not ready. I wonder what they'll do when I'm the one sitting in the hallway crying and screaming?
Post a Comment