OK, so obviously I did not get this up on the fourth or even the day after, but I'm posting it now, so it counts, right?
We enjoyed a very relaxing weekend while celebrating my birthday and the birthday of our great nation. Friday night Aunt Devone watched the the girls while Jon took me out on a real live date for my birthday. We had a great dinner at my favorite place ever, Outback, followed by trips to Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Pier One in search of some type of artwork for the funky niches in our living room walls. Yes, that is a real man for you- one who will endure trips to "those stores" and actually take an interest in decorating the house! We have been in the house for a year and a half this month, and those poor niches are still naked. One of my many summer goals was to rectify this situation. While we were not successful on this shopping trip, we did discover some possibilities- I'll keep you updated on the naked niches! Nonetheless, when we arrived home, I found my two darlings covered in temporary tattoos... on their faces, arms, hands, legs. You name it; they tattooed it! Aunt Devone has always been adored by EVERY child in the family. Any guess as to why?
Saturday afternoon we had the Newmans over for a cookout and a little backyard kiddie pool/ swing set fun. The girls had a great time hanging out with Ben (who even scored a little goodbye smooch from both girls) and making homemade ice cream. We ended the night by enjoying fireworks with the Rimels. Living in the same neighborhood with some of your best friends definitely has its advantages!
Sunday we had a full morning at church and enjoyed lunch out with G-Pa, G-Ma, and Aunt Katie at "Old Faithful"- you know the Mexican restaurant which I am fairly certain that we supply with enough revenue each month to cover the cost of most of their utilities! :-)
Now we will set our sights on another week of summer fun! We have already started, so keep your eyes peeled for some curly headed, pigtail wearing, summertime splashin' pictures- coming soon!
Our Little Firecrackers



4 comments:
What cute pictures! I love looking at your blog and pictures of your beautiful girls. Hope that all is well ~ Anna (Rich)
They are just too beautiful. No surprise with such great looking parents!
Ya'll are too sweet- Thanks so much!
I love seeing all the smiles!!! Glad that they have a good babysitter too!
♥Sarah
Post a Comment